Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council wants to enable as many community organisations as possible to participate in and benefit from the TW Lotto. As individual organisations will be joining under the Council’s overall gambling licence, we have to ensure that you meet certain criteria.
There is no application fee for any community organisation wishing to join the TW Lotto.
Your organisation may apply to join the TW Lotto if it is a:
- Parish or Town Council in Tunbridge Wells borough
- a registered charity with a board of trustees
- a constituted group with a volunteer management committee comprising a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least 3-4 times per year)
- registered Community Interest Company (you must provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report)
- a school, educational establishment or parent teacher association (or equivalent)
- provides services or activities that directly benefit people within Tunbridge Wells borough
- is independently established for charitable, benevolent or philanthropic purposes
- has a constitution or set of rules setting out its aims and objectives
- has a bank or building society account in its own name requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- operates with no undue restrictions on membership
We will not accept an application from an organisation that:
- does not provide services within the boundaries of Tunbridge Wells borough
- has no established management committee / board of trustees (unless a CIC)
- aims to make and distribute a profit
- promotes particular political or religious beliefs
- only benefits an individual
- submits an incomplete application
Applications that do not specifically meet these criteria may be accepted at the discretion of the Council.
The Council reserves the right to reject any application. The Council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason except where fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected, in which case cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the TW Lotto website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through TW Lotto - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats